Recent events have made it clear that specialty training in the medical response to a dynamic threat incident such as an Active Shooter is the key to saving lives. This course also covers the response to Explosives based incidents. This course involves hands on and didactic training. It is designed for the street medical providers and law enforcement personnel that would first respond to these events, with a concentration on forcing forward urgent medical care to the victims.
Course Date / Time /Location:
We provide this course throughout the year for local, regional, state, and federal emergency service providers. Please e-mail us if you are interested in us bringing this course to your department or region. We do road trips! We have taught this course over 50 times since 2012.
$150 / person. Cost includes all required gear, supplies, and light breakfast / lunch. We also bring all the resources required to set up an active shooter drill at your location.
Current Scheduled Courses:
Please contact us to schedule this course at your site or location, or for upcoming dates. We will be offering this course at EMS Today 2016 in Baltimore!
Topics to include:
* History and Response – past and present – to active shooter and bombing incidents
* Basics of hemorrhage control, airway, ventilation, penetrating trauma, and shock
* Role of incident command; law enforcement / EMS coordination Role of triage, evacuation, and casualty collection
* Case Study: The Aurora Experience / response to a movie theater mass shooting
* Ballistics, Explosives, and the physiology of wounding
* Mitigation of scene hazards New perspectives on the medical response to dynamic MCI incidents
* Rescue team concept / police and EMS coordination for victim access and evacuation
* Hands on Active Shooter – MCI training
Open to all law enforcement officers, military personnel, basic and advanced EMS providers, medical personnel (physicians, nurses, and physician extenders), and security personnel.
Approved for 8 hours CME credit (PA DOH Course #006381) for all levels of EMS personnel.
This course integrates guidelines from the Committee on Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (Co-TECC).
To register for for more info e-mail Training@tac-med.org or call 610-551-2400.
“Train the Trainer” / dynamic MCI drills:
Tac-Med can work within your agency, county, or region to set up ongoing training activities and personnel education to ensure that all providers are skilled in dynamic MCI response and coordination. Please contact us for more information.
Our recent class sponsored by the Stamford Firefighter’s Union was covered by News 12:
Pictures of our previous classes are posted in our gallery.
This course was reviewed by Officer.com: Integrated Response to Mass Casualty Incidents
We recently provided this training to regional police, fire, and EMS responders in Waterford / Groton CT, Green Township / Hamilton County OH, and Neptune Township NJ, and to the DC Fire and EMS Department, where we combined it with expanded incident command training for active threat based incidents.